post #1 of 13 Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

FZ9 vs FZ8 photo comparison

FZ08

FZ09

Lets play spot the differences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM

i like the new exhaust, but i hate the look of the seat being connected all the way through. i like the new headlight (dislike the gsxr look of the FZ8), but i like the black frame better on the FZ8.

the biggest thing that makes me want the FZ09 is the fact that it is a triple. i had a Triumph Daytona 675 for about a year (got rid of it for my Super Tenere'), and i really miss that sound and feel of the triple. add to that the fact of more power, more torque, more comfy, and most likely better reliability we will have a great option ahead of us very soon.

now if only we knew what was happening for the R1...
post #3 of 13 Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM

I agree with that headlight statement, the FZ8 with the GSXR-like headlight made it seem confused with what type of bike it is. IMO the FZ-09 design from any angle looks like the type of bike it's suppose to

Ride, eat, sleep...repeat.
post #4 of 13 Old 06-19-2013, 06:00 PM

I actually liked the FZ8 headlight with the mini windscreen on it. But yes I favor the new shorty slant exhaust of the FZ-09. still looks the same kind of. Most of the changes were in the dimples of the tank section and slight changes in the sides of the rear cowel. From far if not for the headlight you can mistaken them.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Garage
What I dont like about the FZ-09 is the seat. Im not a fan of the banana style seat.

Now, that being said, when you see the two side by side the banana seat looks pretty good!
post #6 of 13 Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Garage
I also like that the tank on the FZ-09 is more compact and tighter. Not so bulky.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 AM

I can see an aftermarket cafe style windscreen, tail light tuck, some will want a two piece seat, what do you think of a longer rear wheel hugger?

Only enough room for two motorcycles in my garage. Looks like the KLR has to become sellable so the Super Tenere and FZ-09 have a home.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korie View Post
i like the new exhaust, but i hate the look of the seat being connected all the way through. i like the new headlight (dislike the gsxr look of the FZ8), but i like the black frame better on the FZ8.

the biggest thing that makes me want the FZ09 is the fact that it is a triple. i had a Triumph Daytona 675 for about a year (got rid of it for my Super Tenere'), and i really miss that sound and feel of the triple. add to that the fact of more power, more torque, more comfy, and most likely better reliability we will have a great option ahead of us very soon.

now if only we knew what was happening for the R1...
Despite all the dislikes that triple will draw you in

Personally I don't think it's all that different vs the FZ8.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
I also like that the tank on the FZ-09 is more compact and tighter. Not so bulky.
i agree with that. the FZ-08 has this weird hump on the tank that can be seen in these side profile shots, meanwhile looking at the FZ-09 side shot you can see how well the tank's design flows with the rest of the bike.

Ride, eat, sleep...repeat.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM

I am a bit partial to the fz8 look, because I converted my FZ1 to the euro naked model and really liked the look.

that being said tho....the fz9 looks like an angry vmax with actual handling! should be an absolute blast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.