Picking Up My FZ-09 Today - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Picking Up My FZ-09 Today

After reviewing and looking at this bike since it was announced, and even contributing to this forum for a while I'm finally pulling the trigger today. Heading out to pickup a slightly used FZ-09 with just over 1600 miles on the clock. The seller has an extended 5 year Yamaha warranty plus a matching wheel/tire package included. Excited about seeing it for the first time and taking it home.

Was really trying to hold out until the 2015's were announced to see what changes, if any, would be made. Sold my BMW K1600GT back in July and really miss the torque on that bike. My Husqvarna TR650 Terra is nice for dual sport riding and commuting, but really wanted that ooph back. The FZ-09 should get me some of the fun factor back. Had an FZ-1 back in '08 and enjoyed it a lot, but had to sell it when I moved back to the U.S.

At least by going with the 2014 model I know what to expect and can spend this coming Winter months getting all the farkles added for next Spring. This is going to be a blast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM

I had an fz1 also an 07, it was a great bike. But the 09 I'm is much better, lighter for one better front end. And easier to handle, I had 09 r1 after that bike, so I can't really remember the power comparison, I just know I miss my 09 r1. I had a Graves.3/4 on it and it was the meanest sound bike. You will be thrilled with the fz, even with its down falls suspension and throttle, I'm 190 lbs, I have the rear shock tighten up as much as possible, and feel pretty good about it. I will be doing front end first. Congrats.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-10-2014, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Finally have my new baby in the garage. What a long day, long drive to get the bike and then back home to the DMV. We all know how much fun that place can be. No issues and had my title and registration completed in 20 minutes; a new record! Left the bike on the trailer and drove to my neighborhood Yamaha dealership and had it inspected; all good. While I was in there had them cut a spare key from Yamaha blank and transfer the Y.E.S. warranty over to my name. Now I have another 53 months of factory coverage.

First driving impressions when running up to the local gas station was wow! This little guy has some real torque and scoot. Was a little light rain and had in in B mode to keep the power down. If that is B mode, A mode is going to rip right out of my hands

Have a 4 day weekend coming up and plan to get some good miles in. Need to get some fresh oil in the there as the bike had been sitting for a few months or more. Will have a 8 weeks to shop for farkles while I recover from foot surgery later this month. Going to be a long weight till Spring.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-29-2019, 08:28 AM

hii i am martin few weeks ago i got this one, well i am a towing truck driver at Manhattan 24 Hour Towing, but i am also crazy about bikes.

Last edited by martinbrown9889; 06-29-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in