FZ-09 vs FZ07 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

FZ-09 vs FZ07

Went to the dealer today to see if they had an FZ-09 and wanted to see how I fit on it. They didn't have any but told me the FZ-07 was the same ergos and I could sit on it. If that is true then I'm good to go, does anybody know if that's correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-15-2014, 08:39 PM

Might be similar but exactly the same no. The physical dimensions of the bikes are different. You can go to Yamaha's website pull up any bike and look at spec's it gives you a box to pick another bike to compare.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-15-2014, 11:50 PM

Similar and way different at the same time. The FZ07 is narrower and feel like a mini bike compare to the 09. Not a bad thing... HP aside the 07 is a bit smoother if all you do is beat around town. If thing get a bit more serious the 09 is the weapon of choice. I don't think there's good or bad choice between both bike, just depend what are your needs.

post #4 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 01:52 AM

post #5 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjim01 View Post
Went to the dealer today to see if they had an FZ-09 and wanted to see how I fit on it. They didn't have any but told me the FZ-07 was the same ergos and I could sit on it. If that is true then I'm good to go, does anybody know if that's correct?
You ran into a salesman that just wants to sell, no matter how much he/she distorts the truth. Find a different salesperson or better yet, a different dealership with someone that is knowledgeable about their products.
crosshairs likes this.

Vern Lux
Sportbike Track Time
Southern Region Instructor
post #6 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeR6 View Post
Might be similar but exactly the same no. The physical dimensions of the bikes are different. You can go to Yamaha's website pull up any bike and look at spec's it gives you a box to pick another bike to compare.
Thanks edge I did just that they look close enough.

Stunva I couldn't find the photos you posted so thanks for that, it looks like I would be happier with the 09.

I walked in the dealership and said I wanted a test ride, it was 32 degrees so no one really jumped up to ride with me, told them I was just kidding about that.
post #7 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Like, Marty said it all depends on what you going to be doing. But here are a few things to consider the 09 is an easier to bike to upgrade as far as suspension and brakes. I had to get my buddy off of his FZ6R because of that reason there where just not a lot of easy upgrades, sure you can dump 2k in suspension to both bikes but the 09 suspension after that will be a lot better do with the 07. The reason why I choose the 09 was even though the suspension is weak its adjustable. I just got my 05r6 Master cylinder in yesterday now waiting on lines and levers before the install. My buddy has this same setup and can brake with a pinky.
When I first saw the 07 I didn't like it, now it has kind of grown on me. but I have no need to at a bike, and if I did I would get a new r1 maybe m
post #8 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjim01 View Post

I have both the FZ09 and the FZ07. The riding position is very similar. Both have offset firing order engines (cross plane type) with counter balancers that create fun to ride throttle response. I enjoy both of these units for daily commuting and weekend (blasting). Iím sure youíll be pleased with either purchase!
Marthy and FZ9SEA like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Chuck Graves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 Old 11-16-2014, 03:37 PM

We have both at our house too. Mine is the FZ09 and my wife's is the FZ07. I did the engine break in for her, so I've got about 600 miles or so on the 07. There is definitely some differences in riding position, but I can tell you that the FZ07 is a fantastic bike as long as you aren't looking for liter bike performance.....up to about 100 MPH or so.

Vern Lux
Sportbike Track Time
Southern Region Instructor
post #10 of 18 Old 11-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
We have both at our house too. Mine is the FZ09 and my wife's is the FZ07. I did the engine break in for her, so I've got about 600 miles or so on the 07. There is definitely some differences in riding position, but I can tell you that the FZ07 is a fantastic bike as long as you aren't looking for liter bike performance.....up to about 100 MPH or so.
I feel like the FZ-09 is more comfortable...for me, anyways.
chuckgraves likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in