R3 to FZ-09 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By vitesse
  • 1 Post By Warpdrv

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2015, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

R3 to FZ-09

So i have an R3 right now and plan on selling my R3 & moving to an FZ-09 next year. what are your thoughts?

Btw, the R3 is my second bike and i have been riding since i was 16 (so about 2 years or so)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 AM

You already have the handling down with the R#, I love that bike. The 09 is a completely different category but as rider/enthusiasts we need to adapt as every bike has a certain fun factor. Many dealer have used 09s that you could test ride. Once you get on the controls you'll notice the difference straight away. Though you don't have a lot of experience you have done what I recommend to all who want to ride. Start with something you can throw around, wind up, accelerate/ brake with complete confidence then move on. You will love the 09. BUT ride it first for a while before you consider any mods, I am satisfied with my 15 despite all the throttle, suspension, seat complaints.
Hollow likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2015, 04:57 PM

Do It !!!!

Ride in B mode until you gain the confidence in you and your control of the machine !!

Its a great machine - but do know - it is 100 times more power, but if you can manage to control yourself it'll be a great move...
Hollow likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys!! I'm definitely looking forward to getting an FZ-09!
post #5 of 6 Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 AM

Clearly I am very late to the party here but I also went from any r3 to an fz-09. One of the best decisions I have ever made!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 Old 08-06-2018, 11:01 AM

What's the motivation to change? I ask this because I've owned the R3, the FZ-07 and the FZ-09 and they are all very different from one another.

The R3 is not as fast as the others but has much better wind protection and a really nice riding position. The FZ-07 is plenty fast for just about anything, quite comfortable and gets superb fuel economy for a bike with its performance. The FZ-09 is faster but not as comfortable and not as fuel efficient.

As an all around bike the 7 is probably best in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in