Nothing like crashing your new FZ09 with 1.1 mi on the odometer - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 17 Old 12-10-2015, 10:45 PM

Alrighty then. You got the one with slick tyres.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Not all tyres are slippery when new.Mold release used to be used in tyre manufacture,now the molds are coated with permanent non-slip coatings.In my experience, Michelin Pilot road tyres have no mold release residue when new.
post #13 of 17 Old 12-14-2015, 03:50 PM

For a while now the factory fitment by most sports bike manufacturers has been BT 020s. It is also the preferred tyre of many riders who push their bikes to the edge. Traction is maintained at the loss of durability. That is the characteristics of the tyres in question.

post #14 of 17 Old 12-17-2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrill View Post
Gotta be rider error in every case above. Or something was on those tires that shouldn't have been. I'm almost 50 years old and know the feel of new tires too, and although a bit slick, nowhere near what folks are describing here.
No shit. I never said it was the bike fairy that crashed me. The tires were very slick, and cold. The road was cold, it was an off camber entrance. I knew all of this and thought if I rolled out at a wide angle with no power to the rear, coasting, I would be fine. I've been riding since 1983 or so and have never laid a bike down outside of the track. been in much worse situations and had much better results. I did take every precaution that I could to turn there except turning at some other area but it's too late now.

Now all I want to do is fix my bike as I expensively as possible
Nosxman likes this.
post #15 of 17 Old 12-19-2015, 02:40 PM

You mean inexpensively...anyway, I would touch-up the engine case and then purchase some engine case guards which will hide almost all of the damage....and perhaps see if you can straighten out the OEM handlebar.
post #16 of 17 Old 12-22-2015, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecoast View Post
You mean inexpensively...anyway, I would touch-up the engine case and then purchase some engine case guards which will hide almost all of the damage....and perhaps see if you can straighten out the OEM handlebar.
Yep, I looked up the side cases and they don't cost all that much. Think I'll buy a new oil pump case and try to clean and paint the clutch cover case. I want a new bar though, more pissed about that than anything. Haven't had luck finding a mirror either
post #17 of 17 Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSwag View Post
Yep, I looked up the side cases and they don't cost all that much. Think I'll buy a new oil pump case and try to clean and paint the clutch cover case. I want a new bar though, more pissed about that than anything. Haven't had luck finding a mirror either
Should be plenty of take offs out here, check other 09 forums for bits. Seems a lot of people are changing a lot of things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in