Yamaha FZ9R (?) - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 03-31-2016, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Yamaha FZ9R (?)

No, this is not a miss-print and yes, there is no FZ9R. At least not yet!. Those familiar with the FZ6R know that it is an upright 4 tuned more for the streets than the track. It also has a full faring. I am currently an FZ-09 owner, coming from a 600 GSXR. I moved over to the FZ09 because of the reviews, I wanted to check out a naked bike, and I wanted something that had more low and mid, all at a value price. As we all know the FZ-09 fulfills all of these needs very well. However I am beginning to tire of all the wind while riding this bike. It does not feel all that stable above about 80 mph. I am starting to miss the wind protection. So what if Yamaha put a faring on the FZ-09, kept the up right handlebars, and upgraded the suspension? The FZ9R, right? What do you all think of this idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 PM

Why not find say an FZ1 fairing and see if you can get it to work, high screens are available.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-03-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Vitesse, Thanks for your feedback. I have been looking into more protection from a bigger windscreen. Any suggestions? I don't think I would try to install a faring myself. Also the FZ09 suspension could use an upgrade. The FZ6r has more of a race bike design as opposed to the edgy naked look of the FZ09. I have driven that bike and it is way more stable at higher speeds than the FZ09. I do not hate my FZ09, but I am getting tired of it a lot quicker than I thought I would because of the high-speed stability issues.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM

That's why people have multiple bikes. I know not everyone has room or can afford them, but that's the age old question, what bike I the best all arounder?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-07-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

For sure. For me the Proposed FZ9r would be my best all-around bike if only it were available, at least for now! Pretty sure Yamaha is not going to build it just for me.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakpaws View Post
For sure. For me the Proposed FZ9r would be my best all-around bike if only it were available, at least for now! Pretty sure Yamaha is not going to build it just for me.
agreed with you
post #7 of 8 Old 04-12-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakpaws View Post
Vitesse, Thanks for your feedback. I have been looking into more protection from a bigger windscreen. Any suggestions? I don't think I would try to install a faring myself. Also the FZ09 suspension could use an upgrade. The FZ6r has more of a race bike design as opposed to the edgy naked look of the FZ09. I have driven that bike and it is way more stable at higher speeds than the FZ09. I do not hate my FZ09, but I am getting tired of it a lot quicker than I thought I would because of the high-speed stability issues.
Hey Mate,

I too come from the FZ6R. Suspension is just as bad but perfectly suite the FZ6R power, not really the case on the FZ09. The 6R OEM screen was horrible on freeway unless you cut it off 2" or replace it with the Puig Touring screen for me.

In the early days there was nothing available for the FZ09 so I fitted a FZ1N fly screen. Worked like magic!!!! I still enjoy the breeze of a naked bike (whole point of going naked at first place) but the fly screen do a great job of removing most of the wind hitting me strait in my chess. Something like the small MRA screen could be a good choice or there's a good selection of fly screen now available for the FZ09.

I change the handlebars for the Pro Tapper Carmichael, they're about 2" lower. Give me just enough forward lean not to be a sail and not putting too much pressure on my wrist. Feel more natural to me. Much better position when things heat up too LOL
post #8 of 8 Old 07-07-2016, 08:24 AM

buy another one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in