2nd sport bike, tall guy, if I buy a used FZ-09 (or 07) what years are best? - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-2017, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

2nd sport bike, tall guy, if I buy a used FZ-09 (or 07) what years are best?

Hello!

I am shopping for a used FZ-09 (or maybe 07....still researching) to buy in January or so. I could be talked into buying a new one also, but I figure that I can save a lot of money buying a used one.

My question is: what years did Yamaha do major changes to the FZ-09 (and maybe 07 if you don't mind answering that), so that I know what years I can focus upon? I am not picky about something being the newest or bestest, as long as it is reliable and fun (the FZ-09 looks like FUN)!

Also, what/where is the best place to buy a used bike, and do you think there is a good reason to buy a new one instead?

Oh yeah, also, what is considered a "lot" of miles for a bike like this?

If it matters, I am 6'3" tall and 230 pounds, and this will be my second sport bike.

Thank you!

Last edited by JDThaddeus; 11-03-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: PS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-23-2018, 11:37 PM

14-16 no changes, 17 improved suspension a little along with aesthetics, same motor. These bikes will go 100k easy. Anything over 20k is allot to me,
I would be more concerned with the type of miles on the bike, if it was ridden hard, or wheelied allot. Which would kill a clutch. Buy it from an older adult, not a 20 year old kid.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in