'16 and Prior owners respond to stock suspension - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

'16 and Prior owners respond to stock suspension

wondering just how goofy the '16 stock suspension is. I have a potential to pick up a 16 at a good price and Im not dead set on TC and ABS as I dont have now and handle it fine. BUT I dont want to spend alot to fix a hokey suspension. Im a 220lb or so rider and wondering if it is really as bad as people and review say or what are your experiences with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-30-2018, 06:00 PM

The front end dives under hard braking, but if you aren't at a track everyday you'll probably be fine. The bike is an awesome value so you could put some money into the suspension later on. I'm 180 lbs btw.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2018, 01:16 PM

I am an 185lbs, 5,10 talk and rear suspension is pain in the butt, I realized the bike is much better after swapping the rear with Zx6r shock, front end still dive under hard braking as other mentioned but isnít that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in