ECU Removal/Tank Removal - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 15 Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 PM

When I removed my ECU last night I lost the 2 ECU clips that hold the 2 wire harness connections in.... Does anyone know where to buy more? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 05-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervium View Post
When I removed my ECU last night I lost the 2 ECU clips that hold the 2 wire harness connections in.... Does anyone know where to buy more? Thank you.
When I did mine, one was already broken and the other broke while removing it. I used a couple screws slightly into the airbox to ensure they don't come unplugged.
Randyt likes this.

2016-Akra full exhaust-K&N filter-Vcyclenut flash-Graves block off plates-shorty levers-billet rear sets-Rizoma front reservoir cover-billet rear reservoir-Evotech rad guard-Antigravity battery-LED front signals-LED rear light with sequential signals-Yoshi fender eliminator-Evotech pillion removal kit-Driven Racing Halo gas cap-Spiegler front and rear braided brake lines-Rizoma bars-K Tech shock-KT Moto Halo headlight-Gilles adjustable risers
post #13 of 15 Old 09-25-2017, 12:36 PM

go to youtube and search for -
How To Remove FZ09 MT09 Air Filter Fuel Tank ECU And Install USB Power Port
worked for me

post #14 of 15 Old 03-23-2018, 11:43 PM

Just lift the the tank and then turn it and set it on the seat frame, put a blanket or towel on the frame. No need to disconnect any fuel lines or anything. We've done this hundreds of times. Cmon guys!!! Really...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
post #15 of 15 Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 PM

Just be careful not to rest the tank directly on the frame, I ended up scratching my frame a bit even with rags in place as one ended up slipping out. Probably a lot easier with two people and the tank coming completely off, even if not 100% necessary. Very little mess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in