Possible New Bike - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thestache

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Possible New Bike

Ok, so I have a few questions, and they are probably on here, but figured I would ask anyway...cuz I am lazy

First, I am not a FZ-09 owner, but when i saw this bike, I started drooling. i will be upgrading from my little 07 Star 650 classic next February...here are my questions...

1. I am gonna b 49, never ridden a sport style bike...any older riders have impressions?

2. I am only 5'7" can put both feet flat, I ask because they are not in stock anywhere close to me?

3. If #2 is no, is it possible to lower the bike for this? Does that effect the bikes performance?

4. What do you like most?

5. What do you like least?

6. And lastly, any other FORMER, yes converts, of Cruisers now ONLY ride the FZ-09?

Sorry, but like I said, for some reason, I have fallen in love with the bike, the reviews, and I am hoping to see the answers I want, because this looks like a bike that I will simply love for years
SIMMY likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Here goes
Im 50 and have ridden sport bikes dirt bikes cruisers and still ride a touring bike (GL1800)
This bike is effortless to ride. Probably the easiest i have ridden in a long time.Its light,really well balanced and a ton of fun.
Im only 5"6" with a 30" inseam and I touch down no problem. The seat and tank are narrow where they meet.
What I like most is this engine. Tons of torque and it doesnt feel like its working very hard
What I like least is the horn button.Working on a mod for that. I keep hitting it when I kill the signals.
Not a cruiser convert cause I still intend to ride my Goldwing but......
Dam now I want to go home for a ride. Must stay at work.Must stay at work.Must stay at work.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMMY View Post
Here goes
Im 50 and have ridden sport bikes dirt bikes cruisers and still ride a touring bike (GL1800)
This bike is effortless to ride. Probably the easiest i have ridden in a long time.Its light,really well balanced and a ton of fun.
Im only 5"6" with a 30" inseam and I touch down no problem. The seat and tank are narrow where they meet.
What I like most is this engine. Tons of torque and it doesnt feel like its working very hard
What I like least is the horn button.Working on a mod for that. I keep hitting it when I kill the signals.
Not a cruiser convert cause I still intend to ride my Goldwing but......
Dam now I want to go home for a ride. Must stay at work.Must stay at work.Must stay at work.
Thanks for the feedback bro, I wanna test ride one, they actually have ONE in town, but will only let people putting a deposit down ride it. Dealer said, and I confirmed...it's the only one in Nashville. What I bolded made my day

post #4 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM

I'm 55, 5'6" and can get both feet down.
The 09 is like a big trail bike in it's ease of handling.Makes my GSF1250 feel like a tank.

I loved this bike from the moment I first read about it.I used to have an XS750 and always said I would buy another triple if Japan ever produced one.

Last edited by PaulG; 04-21-2014 at 06:30 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 PM

While this bike is substantially more firm suspension wise than a cruiser, it is nothing like a supersport. I find the suspension rather soft (which I like). What do I like most? The power throughout the rev range. It makes tons of power down low so I don't have to tach it up everywhere I go. What do I like the least? The seat leaves a bit to be desired for longer rides. A OEM Comfort seat or the like will fix this. While the exhaust note is a good sound, I wish it was a bit louder. Thats what the M4 slip on is for. Loud pipes save lives... As for dealers requiring a deposit to ride it... How can you really tell you'll like it enough to buy it until you ride it? I personally bought mine based solely off looks and reviews. I didn't have my MC liscense so my dealer wouldn't allow me to ride their demo. I said hell with it. I'll buy it and figure out if I like it afterwards... And I LOVE IT. Get one and don't look back.

Blazing Orange Hooligan
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 PM
yfz

got to love how the Fz works well for shorter folks, but i wonder what will be the starting height to be flat footed on this bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in