ideas for custom 1 off parts - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bonds2034

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

ideas for custom 1 off parts

so here lately ive been looking around for some cool parts that would push the fz into somthing different and completely astethicly pleasing.

my first idea is the tail section. im not a big fan of the 09s tail. its very bland and cheap looking to say the least. so what can we do with that. i love the new fz-07s tail, the split seat is cool looking and I think it would be neat to see a shortend setup of the 07s. I need measurements of the tail section, length of arms, distance between the top and bottom rail, the spread between the arms, ect.

my next idea is aluminum scoops to bring more of the vmax look out. I currently have my local machinest working on a pair, still in the autocad phase but I will post pics soon and will be offering them to people interested as I already have the templet made and a full autocad.

headlight running light blinker and eyebrow mod

cnc vent covers with rgb leds

3 inch extended single side swing arm with a slightly wider tire, maby like a 240
not sure if I will do this or not because I like the sharp turn in and the moto feel but if anyone is interested in a custom swingarm lmk and ill get my shop to start on a prototype

projection headlight, currently working on a mount, I already orderd a universal projector with high/low and 75w on the high side, will also be making a fiberglass cover for it

5050 rgb leds all around with wheel spool lights
currently setting up a kit so lmk if your interested in one, will post pics and priceing

looking for ideas on a chin spoiler, I havent found any I like yet. I would like to do one similar to the one found on the ducati dragster

so what are your ideas, I really want to open up a line of custom made to order parts. what have you done to yours, lets help eachother make this into the most insane bike around
quicksilver likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-20-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonds2034 View Post
looking for ideas on a chin spoiler, I havent found any I like yet. I would like to do one similar to the one found on the ducati dragster
You did mean Augusta Dragster.... correct?

Sounds like you have a full shop at your disposal and some very interesting projects in mind.
I personally would like to see someone come up with a simple clean rack for the tail. Either a CNC, machined from a single plate of aluminum or some nice TIG weld aluminum tube/bar. Nothing huge, but something that would bolt on to existing points and be big enough to stick a bag on or maybe a removable backrest for occasional "significant other" rides.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
You did mean Augusta Dragster.... correct?

Sounds like you have a full shop at your disposal and some very interesting projects in mind.
I personally would like to see someone come up with a simple clean rack for the tail. Either a CNC, machined from a single plate of aluminum or some nice TIG weld aluminum tube/bar. Nothing huge, but something that would bolt on to existing points and be big enough to stick a bag on or maybe a removable backrest for occasional "significant other" rides.
I am with you on the rack with a removable back rest that would bolt to existing points. Light and stream lined looks.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-23-2017, 01:43 AM

Did you ever make any of the parts?
post #5 of 5 Old 10-18-2018, 06:57 AM

I also consider certain custom mods to my FZ-09. At the moment it requires some minor maintenance, but once I'm done with it I will be into customizing it J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in