Ivanís Performance FZ-09 ECU Flash Review - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 18 Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Have you tried both? If so please give us some insight into your experience.
I had a different flash on my bike before Ivans but it wasn't from Vcycle.
My buddy has the Vcycle flash though and Ive ridden his bike.

Ivans throttle mapping is much smoother and his engine braking is much smoother.

power wise I dont think there is much difference, at least not that I could tell, other than Ivans flash being much smoother through the RPM range. ultimately, how it rides is where the difference is, and for me, Ivans is much better
crosshairs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oostburg, WI
Posts: 23
I'm sending mine off to Vcycle this morning. I am doing his "entry level" reflash, which when all said and done, will cost me about $115 door to door. This reflash will NOT include the top speed delimitor, the quickshift software, or the O2 sensor eliminator, all of which are not really important to me. My main goal is to make all 3 modes smoother as well as eliminate the decel popping. Ivan's remap is $350, but you don't really have the option to pick and choose the updates that are important to you. I'll keep you posted on my results....
msbrill is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old 11-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 70
Garage
I went with the kev's mod and vcycle. Seeing that, by what I've gathered. Below 5k rpm is closed loop. From what I understand there isn't anything anyone can do with the fuel mapping below that point. I could be wrong on that, but that's the way I understand it. The snatchy throttle, from what I gathered below 5k comes mainly from the on/off state of the injectors, and the lean condition from the factory. Kev's mod fools the ecu making the bike run richer (13.7 to 1 rather than 14.7 to 1) which helps in both cooling and smoothing out that lower rpm area. Leaving the injectors on during closed throttle eliminates that split second gap of open closed, which causes a harsh throttle surge. That being said Upper rpm doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me. Because I spend most of my time around town below 7k. With the occasional hard pull. For the money I got exactly what I wanted. What I spent was about $300.00. With Ivan's pricing I would spend more than $400.00 to get the same result. With that I'm pretty sure that both Ivan, and Vcycle are faced with the same options below 5K. So I don't think they do anything different than one another. For the decel popping, rather than eliminate the ais strictly through a ecu reflash I got the graves block off plates, and eliminated the ais module all together. If someone has conflicting info please say something because in the end. I just like knowing what's what.
Patrick is offline  
 
post #14 of 18 Old 11-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oostburg, WI
Posts: 23
I do know both tuners say the deactivation of the AIS eliminates the need for blockoff plates, so there's no need to dig in and tear any of that apart. So if going with a remap anyways, just go with that option as well and you're set to go. That's what they both told me anyways....
msbrill is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I went with the kev's mod and vcycle. Seeing that, by what I've gathered. Below 5k rpm is closed loop. From what I understand there isn't anything anyone can do with the fuel mapping below that point. I could be wrong on that, but that's the way I understand it. The snatchy throttle, from what I gathered below 5k comes mainly from the on/off state of the injectors, and the lean condition from the factory. Kev's mod fools the ecu making the bike run richer (13.7 to 1 rather than 14.7 to 1) which helps in both cooling and smoothing out that lower rpm area. Leaving the injectors on during closed throttle eliminates that split second gap of open closed, which causes a harsh throttle surge. That being said Upper rpm doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me. Because I spend most of my time around town below 7k. With the occasional hard pull. For the money I got exactly what I wanted. What I spent was about $300.00. With Ivan's pricing I would spend more than $400.00 to get the same result. With that I'm pretty sure that both Ivan, and Vcycle are faced with the same options below 5K. So I don't think they do anything different than one another. For the decel popping, rather than eliminate the ais strictly through a ecu reflash I got the graves block off plates, and eliminated the ais module all together. If someone has conflicting info please say something because in the end. I just like knowing what's what.
Ivan turns off the closed loop so you dont need the 02 controller...Vcycle can do the same thing is you ask , so take that extra $100.00 for the controller out of the equation and the cost is about the same for both tunes.

As far as the block off plates, the AIS gets turned off so in theory you should not need the plates , I'm not using them and I have no problems , but there have been reports of some leaking even though they are turned off , so some people will install the block offs anyway
crosshairs is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old 11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oostburg, WI
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosshairs View Post
Ivan turns off the closed loop so you dont need the 02 controller...Vcycle can do the same thing is you ask , so take that extra $100.00 for the controller out of the equation and the cost is about the same for both tunes.
When you compare "full tunes" by both tuners, Ivan gets $350 and Vcycle gets $200. And when I talked to Ivan, he never even really gave me an option of only selecting certain parts of the tune like Vcycle does, which is why I chose Vcycle. If I want any of those extra pieces down the road, it's just another $100 to add them later, for a total investment of $200 plus shipping.
msbrill is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old 11-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 19
The Block off plates are cheap and easy to do..... ripping out all that extra garbage from under the tank is nice. I did it on my FJR and was happy to clean things up under there.... It really helped greatly for the FJR since adding the slip on's, there was an enormous amount of decel popping. After I just installed the Akro, and no flash just yet - I didn't really notice any popping thus far, but I will still pull the PAIR system out - just out of spite for the EPA and everything they choose to ruin my life with.

Like using corn for fuel - which makes me sick.... and ruins engines....
Patrick likes this.
Warpdrv is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrill View Post
When you compare "full tunes" by both tuners, Ivan gets $350 and Vcycle gets $200. And when I talked to Ivan, he never even really gave me an option of only selecting certain parts of the tune like Vcycle does, which is why I chose Vcycle. If I want any of those extra pieces down the road, it's just another $100 to add them later, for a total investment of $200 plus shipping.
You're right, , you get a complete tune or nothing at all. I'm not sure why anyone would want anything less.
crosshairs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECU Flash Question Aj2188 Yamaha FZ-09 Appearance & Modifications 49 06-17-2015 01:13 PM
Fz09 Guhl Motors ecu flash 1wheel Yamaha FZ-09 Parts & Accessories 10 02-26-2015 08:06 PM
ECU Flash by VCYCLENUT - Impression w/Full Akra Ti system duc2yam Yamaha FZ-09 Appearance & Modifications 5 11-09-2014 07:39 PM
my stock exhaust with ecu flash dyno run vcyclenut Yamaha FZ-09 Appearance & Modifications 0 08-22-2014 12:56 AM
New ECU by Flash Tune on the way tunnelvision748 Yamaha FZ-09 Appearance & Modifications 18 05-29-2014 11:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome