Yamaha FZ-09/MT-09 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - Page 19 - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #181 of 222 Old 05-03-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedFreak View Post
Yea, I see that now that I've had a chance to do a little more reading and take a closer look at the exhaust set-up. I also think I imagined that 2 bros had a slip-on. I was browsing on my phone, so I think I misread the details.

Looks like it will be an Akra carbon for me. Friend of mine can get it for $750.
I am new to the site but just wanted to say the TBR set up is a full system like the akra but $1200 is steep when you can get the akra for $1000 or even the carbon for $750. The only real upside to the TBR is they offer the most weight loss at -10lbs vs the akra carbon at -8.4lbs and a higher HP gain of 6.9 vs 6.8 but torque on the akra carbon is higher i am guessing from the curl in the tubing with the TBR at +2.75 ft-lbs vs akra at +4.7 ft-lbs

(all of these numbers i am get off of their official websites)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 222 Old 05-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Garage
A torque increase is a good thing, but unless it's delivered at a low range it's not that useful. The fz09 looses torque in the low-mid range, but this can be reversed with proper tuning. Check out the dyno charts on the Gravesport website to see what I'm talking about.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #183 of 222 Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 PM

I bet Competition Werkes will have an exhaust out here very soon. I'm sure a fender eliminator too.

post #184 of 222 Old 05-11-2014, 10:36 PM

I pored over this entire thread and found not one mention of GPR exhaust...is it that bad or no one thought of it? My R6 has the Graves stainless/carbon full exhaust and it sounds like I think an R6 should sound. That said, I prefer the throaty, lower and more gruff tone for a triple.

I found the website below and emailed these guys. For less than $900 USD shipped from the UK, one could be had. My credit card company charges 3% for an international transaction (yours may not charge anything)...oh well, it's a small price to pay for what I think may be the best exhaust for the FZ-09 yet. I say that because there are few bends and more straight pipe than I have seen on any other aftermarket exhaust. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this translates into more (potential) HP/torque gains. I have not seen any dyno info for this exhaust and at the moment haven't the time to look, sorry.

Yamaha MT-09 Full 3 into 1 Exhaust System - Furore Nero - No Cat - Only 539.00 - Moto Legends Distribution Ltd.

Video with dBK installed -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvB-TfKM4lg

No dBK -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMu_J5RTcdQ

Walk around -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL4SxovY5bU

14 FZ-09 - Liquid Graphite * Puig Windscreen * Pazzo Racing Shorties * EvoTech Performance Radiator/Air Intake Guards * Stoltec ECU * PC V (Dyno tuned - 112rwhp-62ft/lbs) * Spiegler SS Brake Lines * R&G Racing Tail Tidy * Graves Block-offs * Graves Exhaust

08 R6 - Liquid Silver * too many mods to list in less than 500 characters...it's fast.

96 FZR600 - Sold
post #185 of 222 Old 05-12-2014, 08:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy two wheels View Post
I pored over this entire thread and found not one mention of GPR exhaust...is it that bad or no one thought of it? My R6 has the Graves stainless/carbon full exhaust and it sounds like I think an R6 should sound. That said, I prefer the throaty, lower and more gruff tone for a triple.

I found the website below and emailed these guys. For less than $900 USD shipped from the UK, one could be had. My credit card company charges 3% for an international transaction (yours may not charge anything)...oh well, it's a small price to pay for what I think may be the best exhaust for the FZ-09 yet. I say that because there are few bends and more straight pipe than I have seen on any other aftermarket exhaust. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this translates into more (potential) HP/torque gains. I have not seen any dyno info for this exhaust and at the moment haven't the time to look, sorry.

Yamaha MT-09 Full 3 into 1 Exhaust System - Furore Nero - No Cat - Only 539.00 - Moto Legends Distribution Ltd.

Video with dBK installed -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvB-TfKM4lg

No dBK -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMu_J5RTcdQ

Walk around -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL4SxovY5bU

Hey look... my videos!

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
post #186 of 222 Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 PM

just remove the s from https. it'll stick to the forum.

post #187 of 222 Old 05-12-2014, 07:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy two wheels View Post
My R6 has the Graves stainless/carbon full exhaust and it sounds like I think an R6 should sound. That said, I prefer the throaty, lower and more gruff tone for a triple.
Have you heard the Graves on the FZ-09?

IMO, best sounding triple out there.
post #188 of 222 Old 05-22-2014, 12:59 AM

Im going with the Akropovic Carbon, thanx for all the info guys.
post #189 of 222 Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 AM

Had the Graves on my bike about 800
miles. Pulled M4 slip on off to put on
Graves full system. Worth every penny.
post #190 of 222 Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple09 View Post
Had the Graves on my bike about 800
miles. Pulled M4 slip on off to put on
Graves full system. Worth every penny.
What did you do with M4 exhaust?

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in