Recall for cam chain tensioner? - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 06-14-2014, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Recall for cam chain tensioner?

Ok so I rang my dealer this morning to enquire if I could come in for them to retighten my ticky bloody ticky tensioner. As I have the so called "approved Yamaha mod", I couldnt take out the cap bolt they had put in to adjust the tension (as you would with a set screw as per Fizzers kit) as it was too long and hit the frame. They didn't use a set screw, just an allen head cap bolt. The entire tensioner had to come out to be able to do anything, so I have just left it as my ticking wasn't too bad anyway and kept hoping for the part to come into stock.

But past all that crap on onto the meaty stuff.......

He says to me that part has just been issued a recall. Come in, we have the new part here in stock and can fit it asap. Saturday morning too. I didn't get any part numbers or anything like that, but I assume that it is the 03 revision that has been put into a few other bikes, and they must be happy with its performance so far............but time will tell.

Took all of 15 minutes (which as per previous conversations is all the time it should take to change it over) and so far no ticking on my 20 odd km drive home.........and I gave it a real hard time too mixed in with some extended cruising and decels at 3-6k which is where all my ticking used to take place in the rev range, especially on decel.

So I believe very soon people will either get a call or an official letter about the recall. He stated that they only found out about the recall a day or two ago, so it is still fairly fresh news, and have only done the one so far.....two including mine.

My dealer is Five Star Yamaha.
Haze likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-16-2014, 09:52 PM

Has anyone else heard anything !!! ???
post #3 of 11 Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 PM

I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and have them check!
Haze likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM

Hi Where is your 5 star yamaha dealer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 Old 07-11-2014, 05:01 PM

I explained the situation to my dealer and he ordered one without looking at the bike yesterday, he said Yamaha has it in stock...
post #6 of 11 Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I spoke with my dealer and he said yamaha has a bulletin out for this issue. He advised me that it is only a bulletin not a recall. Bulletins are documentation of some issues they are seeing. Recalls area mandatory repair that suppose to be repaired if your bike is in for any service at the dealer or contacted from Yamaha to make repairs. I am a gm tech and have a lot of experience with recalls. Lol
post #7 of 11 Old 07-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyn9 View Post
I spoke with my dealer and he said yamaha has a bulletin out for this issue. He advised me that it is only a bulletin not a recall. Bulletins are documentation of some issues they are seeing. Recalls area mandatory repair that suppose to be repaired if your bike is in for any service at the dealer or contacted from Yamaha to make repairs. I am a gm tech and have a lot of experience with recalls. Lol
I guess this is sort of like a GM "campaign" If a customer bitches enough, it will get repaired.

post #8 of 11 Old 07-13-2014, 02:48 PM

That is correct.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Got my APE CCT installed 2K ago... problem fixed, end of the story!
shamrock likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2015, 02:16 PM

I took mine in for the wiring harness recall, asked dealer to look at CCT and said there was no issue, my reply: Then how come when i put it in Neutral it sounds like a hand mixer??? said he would have mechanic look at it.

1983 GS1100
2004 TTR225
2014 FZ-09

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in