when i want to put in the 1st gear - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 02-18-2015, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

when i want to put in the 1st gear

Hello everybody, may i know why when i put in the 1st gear that time it will has a sound and like u dint press the clutch to pop in 1st gear.... like it will shock and sounds loud... any idea to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 PM

Garage
Its normal..and although slightly annoying, its nothing too worry about
post #3 of 10 Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Ohhh... but just like gonna burst my engine lol taught can adjust it....

post #4 of 10 Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 PM

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are concerned about the "clunk" when you drop the bike into gear after staring it......
If that's what you are asking, most, if all of that is very normal for almost every motorcycle.....some are quieter than others though. One thing you can do, especially when it's cold is to start it in neutral and let the engine warm up for 5 minutes or so, which gets the oil temperature up somewhat.

Vern Lux
Sportbike Track Time
Southern Region Instructor
post #5 of 10 Old 02-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are concerned about the "clunk" when you drop the bike into gear after staring it......
If that's what you are asking, most, if all of that is very normal for almost every motorcycle.....some are quieter than others though. One thing you can do, especially when it's cold is to start it in neutral and let the engine warm up for 5 minutes or so, which gets the oil temperature up somewhat.
That's good advice Vern. Letting the bike sit at idle for a bit allows the oil to get to the top of the engine and coat the parts before stressing the engine.

post #6 of 10 Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys thanks alot... will do that next time... anyway can u guys take a picture to show me u guys engine cable there the screw nut there ? I wanna see if same like me or not
post #7 of 10 Old 02-23-2015, 11:37 PM

Other things you can do, once the engine is warm -
Pull the clutch lever in like normal, but blip the throttle a few times then let it idle again, then go into first.
Roll the bike forward slowly, then put it into first.

Iv'e noticed Yamahas appear to be the worst among the Japanese brands for first gear clunk, even the R1s.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM

Thumbs up This may help..

Another thing to do is hold the clutch in when you start it in the morning,i use a zip tie i have on the bike as a loop and just slid it on the depressed clutch,been doing that on all my bikes,stacked tranys makes the clutch sit out of oil and plates can stick somewhat and causes fast shaft speed, so then "clunk" into first,try it you'll like it...hope this helps ya....
post #9 of 10 Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjin8833 View Post
Hello everybody, may i know why when i put in the 1st gear that time it will has a sound and like u dint press the clutch to pop in 1st gear.... like it will shock and sounds loud... any idea to fix it?
its nothing too worry about
post #10 of 10 Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechain View Post
Another thing to do is hold the clutch in when you start it in the morning,i use a zip tie i have on the bike as a loop and just slid it on the depressed clutch,been doing that on all my bikes,stacked tranys makes the clutch sit out of oil and plates can stick somewhat and causes fast shaft speed, so then "clunk" into first,try it you'll like it...hope this helps ya....
Ok thanka

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in