Signal Wiring Need Help!(Yoshimura Fender Eliminator) - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 02-18-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Signal Wiring Need Help!(Yoshimura Fender Eliminator)

So I'm in the process of installing a yoshimura fender eliminator kit on my fz09. the installation was the easy part but now I'm stuck on what to do with the wiring. My front signals were installed in a breeze with no issues what so ever. A today the fender eliminator kit came in so I decided I'd tackle this project today because I thought it was pretty straight forward and simple, which I was wrong.

I have the Yamaha OEM harness that everyone was suggesting to get to make this process as easy as possible. I also picked up some bullet connectors to try and make the LED tag light that came with the kit plug and play as well(the kit included 2 butt connectors but id rather not splice the stock harness). I get the eliminator on the back of the bike no problem, wiring routed through the hole through the back of the bike. This is where I hit a wall.

My first wiring setup I tried was Black(led) to Black(Yamaha harness) and Red(led) to black with white(Yamaha harness), this resulted in a blown fuse. I pulled off the right panel changed out the fuse and then hit the forums to see if there were any solutions which I found this thread Turn signal wiring PSA and followed his wiring setup. This setup actually got the rear signals blinking but not the way I wanted them to. When I put on the right blinker the front right blinker would flash while the blinker on the rear left side would blink. I thought to my self maybe I some how got them mixed up and pulled them out to rearrange them. When I did this nothing changed it still would flash on opposite sides from front to rear. I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what I should do from searching around forums but I cant seem to find anything that would resolve my issue. Any Help is greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Hey Nugs

I just installed a tail tidy kit with LED lights. I ran into the same issue and found that i had signals crossed. I wired mine as follows.

From Harness I purchased=Red lead was ground and Brown lead was power. I had a spare blue wire that was not connected.

I bought my harness adapters from TST industries with there LED relay. I plugged both harness in to factory plugs and performed a tone test to find ground.
I did a voltage test on the other leads and that's how I found the Brown lead was power. All turn signals work as they should and with the relay I don't get the fast blink!!

If you have any questions please let me know.

1983 GS1100
2004 TTR225
2014 FZ-09

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in