14 FZ-09 Oil Level Light - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 04-27-2017, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy 14 FZ-09 Oil Level Light

Basic Run Down
Current Mileage - 23,423 miles
Brought with 600 miles in May of 2015.
It's been serviced and maintained by the same dealership at the proper intervals
I crashed it once at 20 mph in rain. Mostly cosmetic damage. Insurance paid dealership to repair it.
98% of work has been done by certified Yamaha techs.
I ride the bike hard especially when canyon carving. Also, used for commuting, hooligan stuff, and long road trips
I don't start riding until bike reaches 108 F or higher. Then 5 minutes of gentle riding to let everything heat up properly.

Issue
Oil level light has been coming on this past few weeks
I put some oil in because I thought it was a bit low, but it still comes on
Oil level light comes on more often when I'm pushing the bike, taking right turns/curves, and going up slopes
It happens more often in the first 5 minutes of me riding the bike especially when taking right turns at intersections
I pull off every time and I have noticed "foam" on top of the oil. Here is a picture.
And the picture was taken with the bike being level and turned off.

That picture is taken right off I turned off the bike so oil hasn't fully collected in the pan. After 5 minutes, the oil is at 3/4 level and clear of bubbles.
Also, noticed that after I turn off the bike and tilt it to the right, the oil level light comes on. Here is a video of it happening right after I pulled over.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_...ew?usp=sharing

Going to talking to my tech about it soon. But I need some advice from you guys. Any help is appreciated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in