Best 2 up seat? - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marthy

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 03-24-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Best 2 up seat?

Alright guys. I need to ask and hopefully you can help me fast. We are almost positively getting a bike. Me and the wife need one again. I had a 12 fz6r before, so I know the sport touring life and enjoy it. However, we live in new Jersey about an hour and a half from the most common shore point that we enjoy. We work, A LOT. We have the money to go on vacation but not the time. The bike would be our "vacation." We love it. Just getting on and going and not turning back. The only issue is, that we like long rides. We prefer 1-2+ hour rides. We don't mind running through a couple tanks every ride. However, after an hour on the fz6r, it was enough. We were both done. She was in worse shape than me, but even I was not comfortable. Now, the next bike has to be for US. not me. I bought my first bike before we had met. We have two real options that were comfortable with, which would be the v-star and the fz09. Both relatively the same price. We prefer the sport touring over a cruiser, but comfort is the main key at this point. So, are there any great 2 up seats that you guys can say, "yeah, that's just as comfortable as the v-star." Just the seat. The rest, I will deal with. That's on us. But the seat is the main concern. Please help. We're getting one in 2 days and I need to decide. Lol. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-13-2016, 07:48 PM

Either get the FJ09 (instead of the FZ) or get a good aftermarket seat. Sargent would be where I would look.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-17-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecoast View Post
Either get the FJ09 (instead of the FZ) or get a good aftermarket seat. Sargent would be where I would
can you show me, online shop it?

post #4 of 8 Old 04-18-2016, 02:26 PM

coming from a fz6r myself, I find the 09 stock seat to be more confortable but still not that great. Also, since it's a naked, even with the Ermax windscreen, I find myself more beatup from the wind. Can't speak for the passanger as I have not made a ride with my girlfirend since I traded the bike.

I totally love the bike though! never really liked the fz6r as it is so underpowered and the powerband is just boring, the 09 suited me a lot better!

But with what you said, I'm pretty sure a v-star would me more suited for your kind of riding... or maybe an fj09?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-18-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRacing911 View Post
coming from a fz6r myself, I find the 09 stock seat to be more confortable but still not that great. Also, since it's a naked, even with the Ermax windscreen, I find myself more beatup from the wind. Can't speak for the passanger as I have not made a ride with my girlfirend since I traded the bike.

I totally love the bike though! never really liked the fz6r as it is so underpowered and the powerband is just boring, the 09 suited me a lot better!

But with what you said, I'm pretty sure a v-star would me more suited for your kind of riding... or maybe an fj09?
Were you on the FZ6R forum as well?

I use a little fly screen (fitted a FZ1N) and the wind blast is smooth, much better 2up than the FZ6R stock screen... even the Puig Touring screen. The biggest thing on the FZ09 is leg room. If the passenger is more than 110lbs and 5' tall her knees are way up and her butt is over the tail light LOL
post #6 of 8 Old 04-18-2016, 04:25 PM

Yes I was on this forum too, but not not active lol

I guess I will have to change girlfriend then haha
post #7 of 8 Old 04-18-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRacing911 View Post
Yes I was on this forum too, but not not active lol

I guess I will have to change girlfriend then haha
Ya, my ex had some a$$... I had to rise the rear of the seat 2" or so LOL
JFRacing911 likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-09-2016, 02:52 PM

What the. ..FZ6R reunion here???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in