Center Stand Option for FZ 09...Questions! - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 12-12-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Center Stand Option for FZ 09...Questions!

Okay...Figure I should stop hi-jacking other people's thread and actually posted here to see what of the folks think about it.

I have NOT bought a FZ 09 yet but fairly close and all my previous bikes were cruisers. Shadow to be the very last one.

Now, I am opting to install a center stand once I get the bike so I can store it straight up & do some work in the winter.

SW-MOTECH Center Stand For Yamaha FZ-09 '13-'16 & XSR900 '16 from Twisted Throttle is what I am looking at (can't post link due to new member)

And yes, I did looked at the option of getting rear/front stand but they make the overall length too long. Back of the bike will be TOUCHING the garage wall & i have EXACTLY 94" to work with. I can provide a hand sketch if anyone wanna know what I am talking about...

Anyway, my questions regarding to the center stand are:

1. Does this center stand reduce any turning clearance for those have it installed?

2. With the center stand installed, is the center stand along enough for winter storage/changing wheels & sprockets/chain for the rear?

I always had cruisers so I always had my bike up on a bike center lift.

With FZ09's belly design, I do not want to risk of damaging the pipes by using a lift directly under it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2017, 09:31 PM

I'm sure it depends on what pipe etc. I think it is definitely long enough to change the wheels and sprocket and chain when it comes to clearance I think you'll be fine the bike is tall enough as it is unless your bottoming out i'm going after potholes intentionally LOL you'll be fine.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 PM

Garage
Kinda pricey but pretty cool and versatile is the abbastand Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands, UK Thinking of getting one because it would be something I'd keep long after the bike. .02

2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2013 KTM 350 EXC-F
2016 Beta Evo 300 2t

post #4 of 4 Old 04-30-2017, 09:23 PM

Did you end up getting this center stand? I'm thinking of the same one but haven't heard much good or bad about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in