Gps/camera mount - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 08-22-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Gps/camera mount

I run a "cheap" Garmin Nuvi GPS on my motorcycle, and on another of my bikes I have mounted it with a 1" Ram ball mount that screws directly into the handlebar clamps. Although a slick mount, the vibrations that comes up through it, just about fries the GPS unit. I have been looking for something other, and came across a couple models that screw into the gas cap mount, and they are not that expensive, and the vibration there is not an issue. Ram model B410U. Would also make a convenient mount for either camera or phone, I imagine unless you run a tank bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-04-2017, 02:20 PM

I am looking at the Garmin Nuvi model as an addition to my fz09 so your post caught my attention. I am planning on mounting the gps in the same manner you did but now may hold off due to the vibration issue you referenced.

A friend recommended i go with the TomTom Rider model. They sell a premium package, which includes all mounting hardware and even have option to purchase anti-theft as an add-on.

I guess i am just looking to see what you decided to do and how things turned out for you since your post.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in