QUESTION about alarm installation - Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 01-20-2015, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
LTG

QUESTION about alarm installation

Hi everyone I just got an alarm system for my bike, sr i600 from Scorpio to be exact for the ones that they are familiar with it. And my question is: on the installation diagram has this picture(

Which I assume that the two grey wires have to be connected one with the right rear and one with the left rear turn signals and orange to tail light, please correct me if i am wrong. Which means that when alarm is armed or triggered those lights will start blinking if I am correct. My question is that if there is a way that I can connect rear and front blinkers so they all flash when alarm is triggered instead just the rear ones only.

Thank you for your input everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTG View Post
Hi everyone I just got an alarm system for my bike, sr i600 from Scorpio to be exact for the ones that they are familiar with it. And my question is: on the installation diagram has this picture(

Which I assume that the two grey wires have to be connected one with the right rear and one with the left rear turn signals and orange to tail light, please correct me if i am wrong. Which means that when alarm is armed or triggered those lights will start blinking if I am correct. My question is that if there is a way that I can connect rear and front blinkers so they all flash when alarm is triggered instead just the rear ones only.

Thank you for your input everyone!!

You are right. each gray wire goes to a rear signal light. I usually connect the orange wire to the license plate lead, this is a running B+ voltage. All 4 signal lights will blink when alarm is activated. I don't use the crimp connectors. I strip back a bit of insulation on the wires, cut the ends off of the alarm harness, strip the ends and then wrap around the wire and solder. Then wrap each connection individually with electrical tape. Less bulk and better connection. And if you sell the bike, leave the harness in, remove the alarm and you can purchase a new harness from Scorpio and get a sheet of Velcro from Walmart.

post #3 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
LTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywz View Post
You are right. each gray wire goes to a rear signal light. I usually connect the orange wire to the license plate lead, this is a running B+ voltage. All 4 signal lights will blink when alarm is activated. I don't use the crimp connectors. I strip back a bit of insulation on the wires, cut the ends off of the alarm harness, strip the ends and then wrap around the wire and solder. Then wrap each connection individually with electrical tape. Less bulk and better connection. And if you sell the bike, leave the harness in, remove the alarm and you can purchase a new harness from Scorpio and get a sheet of Velcro from Walmart.

Thank you, so with just connecting to the rear blinker all four will flash?

post #4 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thank you, so with just connecting to the rear blinker all four will flash?
It did with my bike(s)

post #5 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
LTG

Quote:
It did with my bike(s)

Thank you harrywz
post #6 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
LTG

Quote:
It did with my bike(s)
So the installation is complete and cleanly done with soldered wires and I also did the license plate light instead the taillight as you suggested. The think is that they don't turn on (LEDs) with the blinkers when alarm is activated. They're working when the ignition is turned on though. Any ideas?
post #7 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
So the installation is complete and cleanly done with soldered wires and I also did the license plate light instead the taillight as you suggested. The think is that they don't turn on (LEDs) with the blinkers when alarm is activated. They're working when the ignition is turned on though. Any ideas?
This is from the troubleshooting page,
"
Turn signals will not
flash
Grey wires from GEN-1 not
connected or connected to wrong
wires
Test wires and change connections
to correct wires"

Make sure you connected to the green with stripe and brown with stripe. That is the + voltage for the signal light.

post #8 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
LTG

Quote:
This is from the troubleshooting page,
"
Turn signals will not
flash
Grey wires from GEN-1 not
connected or connected to wrong
wires
Test wires and change connections
to correct wires"

Make sure you connected to the green with stripe and brown with stripe. That is the + voltage for the signal light.

The blinkers are working fine but you told me the orange wire you connect it with the license plate light, does it work when alarm is triggered?
post #9 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
The blinkers are working fine but you told me the orange wire you connect it with the license plate light, does it work when alarm is triggered?
The orange wire is connected to a "run 12V+", this means the key has to be turned on to get this voltage. Either the tail light or license plate light function only when the key is turned on. Just make sure that the orange wire is connected to the, looks like tan wire. Black is ground. The tail light running light is blue with red stripe.

post #10 of 11 Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
LTG

Ok thank you sounds like everything I did is correct then. Thank you very much for all your help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in